The E1 error code displayed on your air fryer means that something isn’t right inside your machine. It could be broken, or it could just need to be reset; unfortunately, most of the time you can’t tell what the issue is without taking the machine apart yourself and doing some troubleshooting. Don’t worry though! I’ll help you walk through the steps you need to take to fix an E1 error code on your air fryer so that you can get back to frying up delicious foods in no time!
Before we begin this guide on How To fix E1 Error On Your Air fryer, we’d like to make it clear that this problem can happen because of several reasons. Don’t worry, it’s not as bad as it sounds and it doesn’t mean that your air fryer isn’t working anymore or that you have to buy a new one. It just means there’s an issue with the machine, which can be fixed easily if you know what to do.
Luckily, we are here to help you solve this issue with E1 error code on-air fryer in this short guide.
What is an E1 error in an air fryer?
E1 error code in air fryer simply means that communication between the mini-split system’s units has been impeded. This can be caused by many things, but usually, it is an open sensor circuit problem that simply means that the air fryer is not detecting the basket or tray. To fix this issue follow the steps below.
1. Check whether or not your basket or tray is properly placed on the upper basket rail. If it’s properly placed, then we will move to our next step.
2. Check if there are any kinks in the power cord of your air fryer. If there are, then straighten them out as much as possible before moving on to another step.
3. Make sure that your air fryer is plugged into an outlet that is functioning properly and making good contact with the wall outlet.
4. The last thing you should do is check all of the sensors on your unit and make sure they are clean. You can use some rubbing alcohol or soap and water to clean them off if needed. You’ll also need to check for any cracks or damage that could be preventing your sensor from working properly. If there’s anything wrong with these parts then replacing them should fix your problem!
Related: Check out our article on Air Fryer Stopped Working
What is E Error Code
The E error is related to a thermostat malfunction. If your air fryer is overheating, you will get an E2 error code. If your air fryer is not heating up enough, you will get an E3 error code. And if there’s something wrong with the temperature sensor, you will get an E4 error code. All of these errors are usually fixed by replacing the thermostat. However, if you have already replaced your thermostat and are still getting an E error code, then chances are that your control board has gone bad. In order to fix that problem, you will need to replace your control board or send it in for repair.
Check out our article on Can you open air fryer while it’s cooking
The Best thing to do if your Air Fryer Displays an E2, E3, E4, or P0 Error Message
1. Turn off your fryer and unplug it from the power source.
2. Wait a few minutes for your air fryer to cool down, then remove all food from the inside of it.
3. You will want to unplug all other appliances or devices that may be near your air fryer so you can safely check any fire hazards later on if an electric problem occurs while working on your fryer.
Related: Quietest Air Fryers
What the E1 Code Means On Different Air Fryer Models
E1 is the most common error code on Gourmia air fryers. The E1 error code means that the basket isn’t fitting correctly, so you should make sure to clean it before placing it in the air fryer.
If you’re using a PowerXL or Instant Vortex air fryer and seeing this error code, it means that there’s a broken circuit of the thermal sensor. You can contact their support to fix this issue. Contact PowerXL Support, and Instant Vortex Support
For NuWave Brio and Emeril Lagasse air fryer models, an E1 error means that sensors are not working properly. You should contact their respective support and talk to them about how to solve this problem. Contact NuWave Brio Support and Emeril Lagasse Support.
If you’re using a GoWISE air fryer and get an error code of E1. That means your fryer is stuck in cleaning mode. First, unplug your appliance for about 10 minutes. Make sure there’s no residual oil left in your fryer. Then, turn on your air fryer and press Cancel when you see the E1 error code appear on-screen. You should then be able to use your unit as normal. If the issue persists, you should contact GoWise Support.
Other Reasons Why Your Air Fryer isn’t working
The first reason your air fryer isn’t working is that it isn’t plugged in. Make sure the cord is firmly inserted in the wall outlet and turned on. The second reason your air fryer isn’t working is that your cord may be damaged. If there are any tears or cracks in the wire, you should get it replaced. The third and last possible reason your air fryer isn’t working is that there may be an internal malfunction.
E1 error in an air fryer is a common problem among owners of this device. Air fryers are electronic devices, and as such, they can sometimes malfunction or not work as expected. The best solution is to buy one from a brand that has a good track record of reliability.
We hope our guide on how to fix E1 error on air fryer helps you, but if you have any additional questions feel free to Email us. We will respond as soon as possible.